RPU Connect Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will my account number be the same?
No, you will receive a new 7-digit RPU account number. If you have bill pay set-up through your bank, please update this with your bank. You will find your new RPU account number located on the upper, right-hand side of your new bill. You can also visit the ‘How To Read Your Utility Bill’ page for more information.
2. How do I sign up for an account, if I don’t currently have one?
Download the RPU Connect app or visit the ‘My Account’ page to register.
Important: You will need your new 7-digit RPU account number and your phone number. This phone number must match what RPU has on file. If you need assistance with your account number, your phone number, or registering; please contact our Customer Relations Team at 507.280.1500.
3. If I already have an online account with RPU, how to I transition to RPU Connect?
You will be receiving an email from RPU that will include a temporary password. Once you receive the email, you may login to RPU Connect using your username (email address) and the temporary password provided. Once you reset your password, you will unlock all of our new features.
4. Will my login information for the RPU Connect App be the same as the RPU portal?
Yes, your username and password will work interchangeably.
5. Will my autopay continue?
Yes. There will be no impact to your autopay. Your autopay information will convert over and continue to deduct monthly, on your due date.
6. Will I be able to view previous billing statements?
No, however, you may contact our Customer Relations Team at 507.280.1500. We would be happy to assist in providing the documents you need. As new bills generate, your viewing history will begin to accrue.
7. Will I continue to receive paperless billing and notifications that my bill is ready?
Yes, you will be able to manage your communication preferences within RPU Connect. Currently, if you have more than one email address that is receiving a paperless bill, please note that we are only able to use one email address going forward. You will receive a request to reset your password on the email that will be used as your primary. The email addresses that are not being used, will receive a deactivation email from RPU. At that point, you can decide which email address you prefer. Once you are logged in, you can update your preferred email address.
8. If I have more than one account with RPU, will I see them all online?
With RPU Connect you have the ability to link multiple accounts under your name, to your online profile. Once linked, you can view those accounts as desired. You may also grant approval to an individual of your choice, access to an account, using our Guest Access feature. This feature is managed and maintained by the account holder.
9. How will my commercial account be affected?
Commercial accounts will include the same features. The registration process, and access to your existing account profile, will be the same as described above.
10. I currently make one-time payments using stored payment methods. Will those transfer over?
No, but they can easily be re-added for future use on RPU Connect once you create an account through our app or portal
11. Is this app and portal secure?
Yes, we are committed to keeping your customer information secure and take security seriously.
12. Can I register without an email address?
No, an email address is required when registering your account online. As part of the registration process you will receive an activation link to your email address. Only by clicking this link will you will be able to activate your account.
13. What if I need help with using RPU Connect or have questions?
Our Customer Relations Team would be happy to assist you with any questions! Please call us Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm at 507.280.1500.